Pay It Forward

Diabetes risk is shared between people and their dogs

Welcome To The Diabetic Pay It Forward Community Forums Diabetes Discussion Diabetes risk is shared between people and their dogs

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JJWright
    Participant

This is a bit of interesting news. Diabetes risk is shared between yourself and your dogs. An article from Medical News Today

Some new research is stating that if your dog has diabetes, the owner will likely also have diabetes. The reason for this, is that if someone’s pets live a lifestyle where they’re overweight and contract diabetes, it’s likely that the owner also lives in a similar lifestyle and will likely get diabetes eventually.

It really comes down to how someone is living, if their pets aren’t living healthy, the owners are likely to be following the same trend. If that makes sense. Read the article above for more details on this news.

Stan89
    Participant

Yeah, I can see that being likely. If you don’t take care of your pets the best, it’s possible the owner of those pets could be in poor health as well. Unless they just don’t care about their pets or something.

JJWright
    Participant

On top of all that, I don’t like when people don’t take good care of their pets. If they’re eating bad like the owner, they should feel ashamed. That’s just how I feel anyway.

Carl75
    Participant

I guess that makes sense. I personally think if anyone takes poor care of their pet, they’re just bad pet owners. I don’t think they deserve to have pets if they can’t take care of themselves.

Stan89
    Participant

I agree to some extent. As long as the pets are safe and healthy I don’t mind. But if they’re not respecting their pets, that’s when I have a problem.

I feed my pets great, even though I don’t take 100% the best care of myself. But, everyone is different.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Scroll to top